Chronicle is building a team of passionate people who are designing the future of work by reimagining presentations! Apply here
👉 What is Chronicle ?
Chronicle is the presentation format of the future. Chronicle enables teams to building stunning presentations without having to spend hours on design. Here is a short video to tell you more → Chronicle intro
The way people communicate and consume information has dramatically changed. We are not building a faster or a better way to make slides. We are challenging the format itself.
If you are looking to shape the future of work and build the next big productivity tool - Chronicle is for you!
This is a remote full time role and can be held from anywhere in the world. We are fully remote from day one. Our team is spread across UK, India and Australia.
🧶 About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer at Chronicle to join the founding team and shape a product that will impact millions of users.
Our user experience is one of the most crucial parts of delivering a game-changing tool. We are looking for a strong and motivated developer who has a passion for building delightful productivity tools and wants to build for the future of work.
We use NodeJs + Typescript for our main backend service and React (with NextJs) + Typescript for our frontend codebase. We use GraphQL as a bridge between our frontend-backend. PostgreSQL is our main relational database. We have an in-house state management library that maintains the client-side state and a custom solution for Real-Time Collaboration using Socket.io
✏️ What you’ll do at Chronicle
In 30 days you will
- Be paired with a chronicle companion, who will help you take on board our stack and get you to know Chronicle better
- Be a part of our sprint planning & review, monthly retrospectives, and start taking ownership of some tickets as you navigate through Chronicle’s codebase and understand the overall architecture
- Begin contributing towards product feedback by creating decks using chronicle
In 60 days you will
- Take full ownership of a feature from start to end. Plan the time and efforts for the tasks and subtasks. Collaborate with the design team and flag any potential issues with the feature. Run any necessary research spikes before we start building the feature.
- Chime in on new ways that you think can improve our flow and process. Pitch in with new tools or programming libraries/frameworks that can enhance our current build
In 90 days and beyond you will
- Own a complete module/subproject and ship multiple features in it. Set up a test framework for the module and handle code reviews for software patches that have an impact on it
- Participate in product brainstorming sessions and help design the longer product roadmap
- Discuss personal goals for learning and development and come up with a plan along with the team to accomplish them
- Be a part of refining and conducting the hiring process and help in growing the team
- Take mentorship responsibilities - help fellow team members to reach their goals
- Contribute to the overall engineering culture- in terms of how we build, communicate and test the product
- Grow with us — whether as a product leader, an engineering manager, or an individual contributor, we'll invest in you
💪 You will be a good fit if you
- Have 4+ years of extensive experience in full stack development, preferably seen a product scale and been a part of the 0-1 journey
- Have strong knowledge of SQL (preferably PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Can design API services using either GraphQL or REST
- Can write kickass code in NodeJS and ReactJS
- Have experience in building microservices and designing event-based architecture
- Passionate about building frontend libraries for Web 2.0
- Are comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done
➕ We’d love it if you
- Have experience in building creation tools
- Made any open source contributions to frontend tools
- Have any kind of DevOps experience; preferably AWS
- Have experience building Real Time Collaboration (RTC) in a digital product
- Have strong opinions but are not ideologically tied to specific technologies; naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something you don’t have experience in
- We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing — if you believe that presentations are up for a radical disruption and are motivated to build a meaningful, delightful solution - this is the role for you
🎉 Why join us
We are solving a very interesting problem that will impact millions of users changing the way people craft and tell powerful stories every day. We are passionate to help anyone deliver presentations that are not just bearable, but enjoyable.
- We are a diverse and fast-paced and energetic startup team. We offer an opportunity to build the next big productivity tool with some of the smartest people in the space.
- We are learners at heart and we provide you free books of your choice every quarter, have regular lunch, and learn with the best leaders in tech
- Competitive salaries with ESOPs, performance-based bonuses, and raises
- We are remote from day one and support you to work from wherever you want by covering your home office expenses, hooking you up with the latest technology (think M2 chip Macs)
- We offer complete remote work, flex hours, and lots of wind-down opportunities, our be-well program offers $1000 per year that you can spend on whatever keeps you well!
We’d love to know more about you. Apply to join us at Chronicle (in less than 3 mins)