Chronicle is building a team of passionate people who are designing the future of work by reimagining presentations! Apply here
👉 What is Chronicle ?
Chronicle is the presentation format of the future. Chronicle enables teams to building stunning presentations without having to spend hours on design. Here is a short video to tell you more → Chronicle intro
The way people communicate and consume information has dramatically changed. We are not building a faster or a better way to make slides. We are challenging the format itself.
If you are looking to shape the future of work and build the next big productivity tool - Chronicle is for you!
This is a remote full time role and can be held from anywhere in the world. We are fully remote from day one. Our team is spread across UK, India and Australia.
🧶 About the role
Our user experience is one of the most crucial parts of delivering a game changing experience. We are looking for a strong motivated Front End Engineer who has passion for building delightful productivity tools and wants to build for future of work.
As a Front End Engineer you will join the founding team and will get complete autonomy to shape a product that will impact millions of users.
✏️ What you will do
You will join the founding engineering team of a world class web based experience that will impact millions of presentation makers and viewers across the globe. You will:
- Work closely with design team and translate wireframes and prototypes into highly performant UI components that result in seamless user experience.
- Work with other engineers and engage in peer code reviews to maintain code standards
- Collaborate with product owners to maintain design standards and brand consistency across the frontend.
- Research the relevant open source libraries that the framework needs and document them. You shall build prototypes on them and capture known issues and potential pitfalls for using them.
- Write unit tests for ensuring the stability/functionality of the product
- Write the technical documentation of the modules that you own and capture the known issues and solutions.
💪 You will be a good fit if you
- 3+ years of extensive software engineering experience preferably in a startup environment where you have shipped a high quality product to users before
- Strong knowledge of popular frontend frameworks such as React (preferred) and Vue.js and , popular UI component libraries and Vanilla CSS.
- Experience of working with GraphQL is a plus.
- Have a strong understanding of how browsers work and ability to troubleshoot performance issues and memory leaks.
- We would highly value past experience of building text editors, online whiteboards or content management systems or creator and developer tools
- Have experience building Real Time Collaboration (RTC) in a digital product.
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Have strong opinions but are not ideologically tied to specific technologies; naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something you don’t have experience in; comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done
- We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing — if you believe that presentations are up for a radical disruption are motivated to build a meaningful, delightful solution - this is the role for you
🎉 Why join us
We are solving a very interesting problem that will impact millions of users changing the way people craft and tell powerful stories every day. We are passionate to help anyone deliver presentations that are not just bearable, but enjoyable.
- We are a diverse and fast paced and energetic startup team. We offer an opportunity to build the next big productivity tool with some of the smartest people in the space.
- We are learners at heart and we provide you a free books of your choice every quarter, have regular lunch and learns with the best leaders in tech
- Competitive salaries with ESOPs, performance-based bonuses and raises
- We are remote from day one and support you to work from wherever you want by covering your home office expenses, hooking you up with the latest technology (think M1 chip Macs)
- We offer complete remote work, flex hours and lots of wind-down opportunities, our be-well program offers $1000 per year that you can spend on whatever keeps you well!
We’d love to know more about you. Apply to join us at Chronicle (in less than 3 mins)