Chronicle is building a team of passionate people who are designing the future of work by reimagining presentations! Apply here
👉 What is Chronicle ?
Chronicle is the presentation format of the future. Chronicle enables teams to building stunning presentations without having to spend hours on design. Here is a short video to tell you more → Chronicle intro 📽️
The way people communicate and consume information has dramatically changed. We are not building a faster or a better way to make slides. We are challenging the format itself.
If you are looking to shape the future of work and build the next big productivity tool for the World - Chronicle is for you!
This is a remote full time role and can be held from anywhere in the world. We are fully remote from day one. Our team is spread across the US, India and Australia.
🧶 About the role
As a founding growth marketer, you will own product marketing and content.
You will create a strong content strategy for building user-focused in-product content (templates, resources and guidance for Chronicle users) and world class thought leadership content (e.g., build approach and philosophy, resources for target users). You will also drive Chronicle product marketing strategy across all channels and lay the foundations of an engaged Chronicle community.
As the first strategic growth hire, you will work directly with the founders, Tejas and Mayuresh, on various initiatives and take full ownership of strategy and execution of the growth stream. As a part of this role you will be able to carve out interesting projects and drive real impact.
✏️ What you will do
You will focus across three key streams →
- Lead our content strategy to drive acquisition and retention using content
- Work with leading organizations, investors, operators to build a library of valuable content within the product
- Create shareable and value adding content regularly to position Chronicle as the go-to platform for presentation and storytelling
- Drive end to end strategy and execution across marketing channels
- Regularly publish long form and short form content to share our product build approach, process, philosophy and vision with the world
- Iterate and experiment on content in Chronicle format to drive awareness & engagement
- Build a strong community of early adopters (founders, modern teams) and get them excited about Chronicle’s vision
- Build engagement within this community and drive community led content
💪 You will be a good fit if you have
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting and/or a growth role at a fast-paced startup
- Strong written communication skills with ability to distill complex ideas into easy to understand, succinct and compelling narratives
- Ability to be highly organized, process-driven, and detail-oriented to structure problems and solve from first principles
- Experience collaborating with a diverse team in a rapid growth environment
- Huge plus if you’ve worked with remote teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed remote teams
- Ability to be proactive and resourceful in pushing progress forward and meeting accelerated timelines with minimal oversight. We are early on our journey to shape the future of work. Your passion and ownership will define how we build products that people love.
- We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing — if you believe that presentations are up for a radical disruption are motivated to build a meaningful, delightful solution - this is the role for you
♥️ Our favourite examples
- First round review blog
- Foundation’s blog on content and marketing
- Lenny Rachitsky’s newsletter for product managers
- Julian Shapiro’s blog - especially the one on telling a great story
- Building the world’s most satisfying checkbox
We tell our story through the Chronicle blog and articles on Medium, and share our favorite products through a newsletter (Probably Nothing) run by Tejas, our co-founder.
🎉 Why join us
We are solving a very interesting problem that will impact millions of users changing the way people craft and tell powerful stories every day. We are passionate to help anyone deliver presentations that are not just bearable, but enjoyable.
- We are a diverse and fast paced and energetic startup team. We offer an opportunity to build the next big productivity tool with some of the smartest people in the space.
- We are learners at heart and we provide you a free books of your choice every quarter, have regular lunch and learns with the best leaders in tech
- Competitive salaries with ESOPs, performance-based bonuses and raises
- We are remote from day one and support you to work from wherever you want by covering your home office expenses, hooking you up with the latest technology (think M1 chip Macs)
Read more about us on our careers page →
Careers at Chronicle | Remote First
The problem Slide based presentations are slow, boring and quite frustrating! 1.5 billion+ people spend countless hours on presentations today. Presentations haven't changed much since the 80s. They are time consuming, monotonous, and frustrating. People expect a lightning fast, delightful, and engaging experience. This is why we believe it's time to leave slides behind...
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Chronicle’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.