Chronicle is building a team of passionate people who are designing the future of work by reimagining presentations! Apply here
Chronicle is the presentation format of the future. Chronicle enables teams to building stunning presentations without having to spend hours on design. Here is a short video to tell you more → Chronicle intro
The way people communicate and consume information has dramatically changed. We are not building a faster or a better way to make slides. We are challenging the format itself.
If you are looking to shape the future of work and build the next big productivity tool - Chronicle is for you!
This is a remote full time role and can be held from anywhere in the world. We are fully remote from day one. Our team is spread across UK, India and Australia.
We are looking for a rockstar Lead Engineer at Chronicle to join the founding team.
Our user experience is one of the most crucial parts of delivering a game changing experience. We are looking for a strong motivated lead engineer who has passion for building delightful productivity tools and wants to build for future of work.
As a Lead Engineer you will join the founding team and will get complete autonomy to shape a product that will impact millions of users.
As a lead engineer, you will be joining a stellar team of engineers; over the next years we'll grow a world class engineering team together around you. You will:
- Set the technical vision and engineering roadmap of Chronicle including incremental objectives to long-term goals and strategies
- Define and manage the system architecture end to end.
- You will build, guide and manage a highly motivated engineering team to build a world class product; write and review code that will impact millions of presentation makers and viewers
- You will work directly with the Customer, Design and Product teams to manage product build and release cycle to ship a product that solve key user problems elegantly
- Establish a high performing culture emphasising innovation, growth, and development
- You'll grow with the company — whether as a product leader, an engineering manager, or an individual contributor, we'll invest in you
- 7+ years of extensive software engineering experience preferably in a startup environment where you have shipped a high quality product to users before
- T-shaped full stack experience with deep expertise in frontend frameworks like React, Angular and Vue.js, database design using SQL and NoSQL
- We would highly value past experience of building text editors, online whiteboards or content management systems or creator and developer tools
- Have experience in building micro-services and distributed systems at scale
- Have experience building Real Time Collaboration (RTC) in a digital product.
- Experienced in leading front end and back end teams to deliver scalable, maintainable and permanent software; ability to switch between leading and executing (writing code) as required. Having DevOps experience is a plus
- Empathy and ability to communicate your technical solutions, feedback and product ideas constructively
- Have strong opinions but are not ideologically tied to specific technologies; naturally curious and willing to take a step to learn something you don’t have experience in; comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done
- We're looking for people who are excited about what we're doing — if you believe that presentations are up for a radical disruption are motivated to build a meaningful, delightful solution - this is the role for you
We are solving a very interesting problem that will impact millions of users changing the way people craft and tell powerful stories every day. We are passionate to help anyone deliver presentations that are not just bearable, but enjoyable.
- We are a diverse and fast paced and energetic startup team. We offer an opportunity to build the next big productivity tool with some of the smartest people in the space.
- We are learners at heart and we provide you a free books of your choice every quarter, have regular lunch and learns with the best leaders in tech
- Competitive salaries with ESOPs, performance-based bonuses and raises
- We are remote from day one and support you to work from wherever you want by covering your home office expenses, hooking you up with the latest technology (think M2 chip Macs)
- We offer complete remote work, flex hours and lots of wind-down opportunities, our be-well program offers $1000 per year that you can spend on whatever keeps you well!
We’d love to know more about you. Apply to join us at Chronicle (in less than 3 mins)